Call for Presentations
On behalf of the Directors, Officers, and Program Committee members, it is our pleasure to offer to all interested parties a Call for Presentations for consideration in development of the Program for the 31st Annual Governor’s Hurricane Conference ® . This Call for Presentations is your invitation to submit written ideas for program and training subject matter for next year’s conference. Download the form here.
Early Bird Registration Now Open!
The 31st Annual Governor’s Hurricane Conference
May 14-19, 2017 – West Palm Beach, Florida
2017 GHC WILL INCLUDE:
– Over 300 hours of Training Sessions and Workshops
– Talks from Emergency Management and Industry Leaders
– Technical and In Depth Disaster Preparedness, Weather, and Emergency Management Discussions
– 100+ Vendors Showcasing State-of-the-Art Technologies, Products, Services, and More
NOT READY TO LEAVE GHC 2016 BEHIND?
– 2016 General Session Video
– 2016 Awards Luncheon Video
– 2016 Award Recipients
– Download the Training Session PowerPoints
– Download the Workshop PowerPoints
– Take a Look at Photos from the Event
While it’s now been 10 years since the last hurricane crossed the Florida coastline, that same period has seen devastating storms such as Sandy, Ike, Irene and Isaac devastate other areas. Unfortunately, competition for budget resources remains fierce and learning the important operational lessons from these storms can be expensive, time consuming and difficult. The 30th Annual Governor’s Hurricane Conference® (GHC) in Orlando is your best and most cost-effective opportunity to close that information gap! Here are a few tips you can use to help demonstrate why you cannot afford to miss this year’s GHC:
Here are Just a Few of the Reasons Why the Governor’s Hurricane Conference® is Your Best Option in Hurricane Education and Operational Preparedness
- The GHC is the nation’s largest and best-attended conference focusing on hurricane planning, preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation!
- The GHC is an opportunity to learn from the successes of others and identify proven best practices, as well as learning what mistakes to avoid BEFORE it’s too late!
- Over 300 hours of training and workshops covering all aspects of hurricane readiness, full of the latest trends, topics, tools and technologies to best improve your disaster response/recovery processes will be offered.
- The GHC provides access to tried and true solutions and ideas for a wide range of hurricane related challenges that can be put into action immediately when you return, many at little or no cost!