29th Annual Governor’s Hurricane Conference®
May 10 – 15, 2015
Rosen Shingle Creek
We are pleased to announce the availability of our GHC mobile app for Android and Apple devices. Search for Governor’s Hurricane Conference or GHC in Google Play or the App Store, or use the QR codes below. The app is free and is also available for those unable to attend.
You may scan the QR Code below or click the links to be directed to the app page.
While it’s now been 10 years since the last hurricane crossed the Florida coastline, that same period has seen devastating storms such as Sandy, Ike, Irene and Isaac devastate other areas. Unfortunately, competition for budget resources remains fierce and learning the important operational lessons from these storms can be expensive, time consuming and difficult. The 29th Annual Governor’s Hurricane Conference® (GHC) in Orlando is your best and most cost-effective opportunity to close that information gap! Here are a few tips you can use to help demonstrate why you cannot afford to miss this year’s GHC:
Here are Just a Few of the Reasons Why the Governor’s Hurricane Conference® is Your Best Option in Hurricane Education and Operational Preparedness
- The 2015 GHC Theme ”Rethink Resilience…Connecting Capabilities for Stronger Communities” is designed to help organizations and businesses overcome the challenges of growing apathy, shrinking budgets and rapid change to maximize resilience to the threats and impacts of hurricanes.
- The GHC is the nation’s largest and best-attended conference focusing on hurricane planning, preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation!
- The 2015 GHC will be held at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel (RSC) in Orlando, with the general session, Exhibit Hall events, training sessions and workshops all conveniently located on-site, along with restaurants, shopping and recreation – no need to even leave the hotel grounds! It is an ideal networking opportunity.
- A decade has passed in which no major tropical event has affected Florida. The GHC helps you “Rethink Resilience” by exposing you to the many significant changes in hurricane planning and preparedness that have occurred during that time!
- The GHC is an opportunity to learn from the successes of others and identify proven best practices, as well as learning what mistakes to avoid BEFORE it’s too late!
- Over 300 hours of training and workshops covering all aspects of hurricane readiness, full of the latest trends, topics, tools and technologies to best improve your disaster response/recovery processes will be offered.
- The GHC provides access to tried and true solutions and ideas for a wide range of hurricane related challenges that can be put into action immediately when you return, many at little or no cost!