Countdown to GHC!
While it’s now been over 10 years since the last hurricane crossed the Florida coastline, that same period has seen storms such as Sandy, Ike, Irene and Isaac devastate other areas. Unfortunately, competition for budget resources remains fierce and learning the important operational lessons from these storms can be expensive, time consuming, and difficult. The 30th Annual Governor’s Hurricane Conference® (GHC) in Orlando is your best and most cost-effective opportunity to close that information gap!
Here are Just a Few of the Reasons Why the Governor’s Hurricane Conference® is Your Best Option in Hurricane Education and Operational Preparedness
- The 2016 GHC will be held at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel (RSC) in Orlando, with the general session, Exhibit Hall events, training sessions and workshops all conveniently located on-site, along with restaurants, shopping and recreation – no need to even leave the hotel grounds!
- It is an ideal networking opportunity. The GHC is the nation’s largest and best attended conference focusing on hurricane planning, preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation!
- This year’s training sessions, workshops, and general session will focus on innovative methods to “Reboot Readiness.”
- Our virtual social media exercise, expansive exhibit hall, interactive workshops, and improved conference “app,” each provide added opportunities to leverage technology and resources to further enhance your learning experience. We welcome you to engage in the discussion and networking, and participate in our collective efforts.
- The GHC is an opportunity to learn from the successes of others and identify proven best practices, as well as learning what mistakes to avoid BEFORE it’s too late!
- Over 500 hours of training and workshops covering all aspects of hurricane readiness, full of the latest trends, topics, tools and technologies to best improve your disaster response/recovery processes will be offered.
- The GHC provides access to tried and true solutions and ideas for a wide range of hurricane related challenges that can be put into action immediately when you return, many at little or no cost!