On behalf of the Conference Directors and Program Committee Members, here is an offer to all interested parties, a Call for Presentations for consideration in development of the Program for the 33rd Annual Governor’s Hurricane Conference®. Please consider this your invitation to submit written ideas for program and training subject matter for next year’s conference. While hurricanes remain the main natural hazard threat to Florida, as well as to many other locations along the Gulf and Atlantic Coasts, we must not forget the lessons learned from the September 11th attacks and other recent tragedies that underscores the importance of all hazards planning. We also recognize the frequent turnover among professionals in the emergency management and emergency services community as well. Therefore, the conference always schedules a series of sessions in basic issues of hurricane preparedness for those persons new to emergency management and emergency services. These basic sessions include meteorology, emergency operations centers, evacuation decision-making, evacuation planning, mass care operations, etc. Sessions for those with experience will also be scheduled to further develop and improve their knowledge and abilities. The responses to last year’s conference evaluations included many suggestions of topics for the future program. We encourage you to follow up with more details on those suggestions. This is your opportunity to provide suggestions to the Governor’s Hurricane Conference® Program Committee for inclusion in the 2019 Program. All persons having expertise or interest are encouraged to respond.
Please provide the following information on the Call for Presentations Form posted above.
1. Indicate whether your suggestion would be best suited for a, training session, workshop, or roundtable discussion. If your suggestion is for a training session, indicate the total time needed in number of hours, excluding breaks (breaks are 10:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m., Noon–1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m.), in the space provided, and the maximum number of attendees.
2. Indicate the programming interest area (i.e., business & industry, communications & public information, emergency management, emergency services, healthcare, human services/mass care, logistics & resource support, policy & planning or recovery/mitigation).
3. Include a recommended title for your presentation (thoughtful, pertinent and descriptive titles are encouraged).
4. Indicate the target audience of the presentation and the level (i.e., basic or advanced).
5. Write a 25-35 word description of your proposed presentation.
6. Provide your name, title, organization, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
You will be contacted if your suggestion will be included in the Program. Suggestions must be received no later than October 12, 2018.
Mail to: Governor’s Hurricane Conference®
P.O. Box 279
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688-0279