Your Strategy to Make Your Case for Attendance:
- Think of how this year’s theme applies to your role as a professional involved in the hurricane preparedness and response effort.
- Make a short list of the top challenges you face in your position in dealing with hurricane-related issues.
- See which of the dozens of training sessions and workshops available at this year’s GHC can help you to address the challenges you identified.
- Outline in a short summary how those presentations will help you meet your goals in the upcoming year, as well as those of other colleagues who will also benefit from the knowledge you bring back.
- Browse through the list of official Exhibitors, many of which supply the equipment, technology and services most utilized in responding to the hurricane threat. GHC attendance provides the opportunity to meet these exhibitors and see their products and learn of their services first-hand, giving you the ability to provide valuable feedback to your agency or company’s decision-making process.
- Complete your case for attendance by combining these notes with information and facts from GHC that highlight the value and cost effectiveness of Conference attendance.
Benefits of attending the GHC:
- The largest, most well attended hurricane conference in the nation.
- The most affordable, as well. And the most comprehensive program available. Providing over 300 hours of training and workshops, the GHC is a forum for current trends and topics, tools, and technology. The Training Sessions and Workshops will provide best practices and demonstrate how you might apply them to your organization to improve your disaster response/recovery processes.
- An opening general session featuring prominent officials addressing the major events of the Hurricane Season
- Professional Development: the GHC offers many hours of continuing education for at least eight disciplines.
- Collaboration: the GHC is a place for all levels of government, private sector, healthcare, voluntary organizations and related professions to exchange ideas.
- Networking: More than 2,000 participants are expected to attend the GHC. By being able to meet with so many local, state, federal, and international colleagues in one place, the GHC is extremely cost-effective.
- Exposure: your organization can generate contact with a large audience in a variety of ways (e.g., speaker opportunities, vendor opportunities, sponsorships, social media, logo wear, networking, etc.).
- Products and Services: the GHC Exhibit Hall’s 100+ vendors will showcase state-of-the-art technologies, products, and services.
- One of the goals of this year’s Program is to provide interdisciplinary training sessions and workshops to help professionals cross the boundaries of their specialties and interact with those with whom they need to have alliances before an actual event.
- Learn from others’ experiences to avoid the same mistakes in your next event.